Job Opening - Youth Ministries Coordinator
Nestor United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time. Youth Ministries Coordinator to reignite our youth group. Nestor UMC (nestorumc.com) serves a diverse community in the San Diego South Bay. The Youth Ministries Coordinator (YMC) is expected to grow Nestor UMC’s youth ministry and extend its ministry to the young people in the community.
The main responsibilities of the YMC include but are not limited to:
- Developing a plan to create a weekly youth fellowship meeting that will include a time for worship and bible study.
- Training and equipping a team of adult volunteers.
- Developing and maintaining personal relationships with students and their families.
- The YMC will lead the Homework Club (Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5 to 7 PM).*
*This is part of the English Language Learners class program.
Other responsibilities related to the job as time allows:
- Participating and helping to plan 2-3 church-wide community oriented activities a year.
- Choosing and leading large group games at special activities during the year such as Open House, Community fair, Picnics, etc.
- Coordinating the Youth Sunday.
- Seeking and fostering relationships with community assistance organizations.
- Writing and tracking a budget.
- Christ-like character, faith, and basic knowledge of the United Methodist Church.
- Experience in youth ministry (full-time, part-time, or volunteer).
- Energetic and eager to journey with youth, families, and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience in planning and leading mission and recreational trips with students and volunteers.
- Community-organizing skills.
- A proven history of developing student leaders.
- Music skills are a plus.
- Experience in socio-economically and racially diverse ministry context.
Compensation is commensurate with prior experience .
· Contact: Pastor Luis A. Garcia
· Phone: 619-423-2068
· Email: email@example.com